Thursday, June 28, 2012

On the road

Wow!

The past few weeks have been crazy! Blake and I have spent all day everyday getting our house ready to rent out.

We had to finish the landscaping in the backyard with the mulch and gravel.

My dad flew up last weekend to help is and help us he did! We put in a new window, filled in our dry well, put up landscaping rocks, taped some more of the basement....

We also went up to Tober where my Aunt and Uncle lived. We had a fantastic time. I really love and admire Toby and Peter. I love how they live the gospel. They are both a great example to me. They live at over 9,000 feet. We sat talking under the stairs and then roasted smores by the fire.

It is so so so dry here in Colorado. We can see the Fort Collins wildfire from our house. Billowing smoke clouds from the mountains... So sad! There are like 13 fires going on in CO! We are praying for rain!

This week Blake and I have put in a new microwave. I killed our microwave last week....

Have you ever heard that you can kill your microwave if you turn it on and nothing is in there? Well yep it kills it.

Haha. I thought I had corn in there and I had it on for 6 min. It's dead. :)

We also put in a sump pump in the basement, jacked up our backyard deck, put reinforced boards to hole our failing deck, we painted the front and back wood railings, and got our house ready for the movers.

I am exhausted. We finally made it on the road this afternoon headed toward Rexburg, ID. We will get to Oregon on Sunday.

The moving company can't pack up our house until July 9 because this is the busiest time of year for movers.

We found a great family to rent out our home to.

I know its going to be a lot different when we move to Oregon. Every place has a different feel and flow. Especially since I'm a desert girl and I am now moving into the rainy coast! It will be a change for sure. I am excited for a new adventure!

Colorado, I'm going to miss you. Johnstown, I'm going to miss you and our beautiful home! 

Oregon... Here we come!!!!!






1 comment:

Bethany said...

Good luck! I just love a new adventure!!!