Sunday, July 1, 2012

Last stop Oregon

Well we made it to Portland this afternoon... Baby Sarger was definitely done with riding in the car seat.

In Oregon...

You can't pump your own gas, someone comes out and does it for you. I felt weird letting someone fill my car up with gas. I don't know why, but I think its kind of fun and part of the licensed driver's privileges to do that. I didn't like waiting around for someone to do it when I am totally capable of doing it.

You can't talk on the phone when you are driving in Oregon. I don't know if its just me, but I love to catch up with my friends and family while driving, its like the perfect time. But I guess its safer for all drivers. And I will get to use my Bluetooth more.

In Oregon you can't leave food out. Shut it up tight cause that half bag of chips you just ate is going to go bad from the humidity.

I am seriously so so exhausted right now. Last night Blake and I got maybe 4 hours of sleep off and on.

We looked at a house to rent today. It was cute, not the greatest. The neighborhood was kind of older and sketchy. I am worried about finding a nice place with a fenced backyard for Apollo. I keep looking at Craigslist and everything is out of our budget and we don't want to live in an apartment.

I am in state shock.

We are not in Kansas anymore.

I am in bed and I miss my beautiful home in burning, dry Colorado. I'll feel better after I get some sleep.

Blake starts his first day of work tomorrow. We are excited.

Goodnight




3 comments:

Bethany said...

Remember, it wouldn't be an adventure if you knew exactly how it was going to turn out!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

You can do it!

The Jensen's said...

I just got back from Portland yesterday!!! If you ever want to check out Seattle, we've got a spare room. Good luck on your new adventure!!